Hi everyone! I have a bunch of DIYs I’ve been working on recently that have been taking up a ton of my time. Along with obsessing over Fixer Upper decor. Did you see my post on getting that Fixer Upper look at Michaels? Seriously, you guys, I’m obsessed. I’m actually working on a DIY shiplap wall hanging art piece!! So, while I’m working on that, I realize my dining room table doesn’t have a centerpiece!! Naturally I took a break from the shiplap and made this centerpiece in 5 minutes. Even us busy mamas have 5 minutes!! And the best part, it was FREE.
- Picture Frame
- Burlap (or lace would be pretty!!)
- Moss Balls
Remember, use whatever you already have in your house!! And if you don’t like the color of a frame you have, throw a coat of paint on it. You can make awesome GORGEOUS home decor for free right at home.
Notice in this picture I was going to use tulips! Well, they didn’t look quite right in the vase so I switched them out to a wildflower arrangement from Michaels. The burlap and moss balls are also from Michaels. The blue frame I got a few years ago at Hobby Lobby. But, again, any frame would work and can be easily changed with a fresh coat of paint!
The vase was actually found in my basement. The house we live in used to be my husband’s grandparent’s house. This beautiful vase was collecting dust after they passed away. I love that I’m able to use it right on our dining room table where we can see it every day.
- I roughly cut out a piece of burlap that sort of matched the opening of my frame. Real technical, right? Haha. Ignore the 3M strips, this frame used to be in a gallery wall.
- I put the cardboard piece that holds everything together back in. This does take a little effort because the burlap is pretty thick. But I was able to get everything in with a little finagling.
- This is was it looks like from the front! The burlap add a really “rustic” look, which I love. You could also use lace or even scrapbook paper as a backing.
- I didn’t do anything to the vase at all, except clean the dust of course. It had some awesome floral patterns around the outside and a chalky blue rim at the top. LOVE it. I put the wildflowers in and added the moss balls for some dimension. And, that’s it!!
I hope you guys try this out!! Let me know if you have any questions and show me your own DIY centerpieces.