16+ Gorgeous Nursery Wallpaper Ideas To Steal
Are you dreaming up designs for your little one’s nursery and considering wallpaper? Get inspired with these 16 gorgeous nursery wallpaper ideas.
Designing your little one’s nursery is an important part of the whole nesting process. If you find yourself sitting in an empty room, dreaming up a design for your baby’s bedroom – you’re in the right place.
One relatively quick and easy way to quickly change the look and feel of a room is with wallpaper!
Today I’m sharing tons of inspiration with these 16 gorgeous nursery wallpaper ideas!
This post contains affiliate links. Please, click here to read my disclosure policy.
Nursery Wallpaper Ideas
Plant Theme Wallpaper with Vintage Vibes
Emma mentioned that she wanted to have a plant/botanical theme for her son’s nursery and wanted to find a wallpaper that felt a bit vintage. I think this nursery wallpaper hits all of those notes perfectly.
Palm Leaf Wallpaper for Jungle Nursery
This palm leaf pattern to this wallpaper is perfect for a jungle-themed nursery. The colors are colorful and bright enough to read like a kid’s space, but not overwhelmingly so.
Although it is blue, it could totally be used for a gender-neutral nursery. This wallpaper is a peel-and-stick wallpaper, which means that you can very easily remove it as your little one grows and the room inevitably changes.
Midcentury Nursery with Board and Batten and Wallpaper
I’m in love with the clean and fresh look of this midcentury modern nursery. Above the white-painted board and batten is a gorgeous wallpaper featuring a botanical pattern with burnt orange colors.
It’s a great little pop of color and pattern for this baby’s room. This would be a great choice for a gender-neutral nursery wallpaper.
Picture Frame Molding with Wallpaper
I’ve featured this gorgeous nursery in some of my other articles about wallpaper and I keep coming back to it because it is so dang beautiful.
I love the use of a wallpaper mural that is installed just inside the picture frame molding.
Garden Themed Nursery with Wallpaper
This garden nursery is complete with green painted wall treatment with box trim and beautiful floral wallpaper. It is such a pretty space. If you're looking for fun nursery themes, this is a great choice.
Temporary Wallpaper Accent Wall Idea
If you’re renting, on a tight budget, or planning to move soon, you may not want to go to the trouble of installing wallpaper in your nursery. This is a genius concept that I’ve never seen before.
She covered styrofoam panels with the wallpaper and then hangs them on the wall. But you could really use this same concept on a variety of flat surfaces. Check out her tutorial for the full step-by-step process.
Wavy Stripe Wallpaper with Neutral Color Scheme in Nursery
If you’re going for a sophisticated nursery with a neutral color palette, a wallpaper like this a great option. It is a fun play on a classic stripe since it's more of a wavy-lined pattern.
I love that this is a removable wallpaper too, which is perfect for a nursery design that will change as your little one grows.
Watercolor Flower Mural for Little Girl’s Nursery
These sweet, hand-painted flowers in pastel shades lend a magical feel to such a special place like a baby room. I love this look for a little girl’s nursery.
Pale Light Blue Vintage Pattern Wallpaper for Little One’s Bedroom
This wallpaper features little vintage motifs, but in a pale light blue so it still feels like the perfect touch in a nursery. This more traditional look has really become more popular in recent years and I'm all for it.
Large Pattern Wallpaper with Flowers for Nursery
You know I’m all about floral wallpaper in little girl’s nurseries (I even have a whole blog post all about it). This pastel peony wallpaper with soft pinks and neutral shades is drop-dead gorgeous.
It looks perfect on the walls of this nursery. If you're looking for the perfect wallpaper to get your girl's nursery new life, this is a great choice.
Flower Wallpaper for Little Girl’s Bedroom for Nursery
Here’s another floral wallpaper that is just perfect for a nursery. I love the hand-drawn look of this one and the color palette. It has a bold pattern, but it looks great!
Triangle Pattern Black and White Wallpaper
The simple pattern of this white and black wallpaper with watercolor triangles is just perfect for a little boy’s room. It would also make a great gender-neutral pick.
Cactus Wallpaper Pattern for Nursery with Black Accent Wall
Sometimes you just need a little touch of wallpaper in a room if it has a busy pattern.
I love this cacti wallpaper, but it may have been too much to use on all four walls. It looks great on the wall here by the window. And that black accent wall provides a great contrast in this nursery.
Storybook Pattern with Forest Creatures for Woodland-Themed Wallpaper
A storybook design with woodland creatures… if that concept doesn’t scream nursery wallpaper ideas, I don’t know what does. It is so gorgeous and a good choice for both girl's and boy's nursery wallpaper.
Whimsy Wallpaper with Flowers for Kid’s Bedroom
A whimsy and playful wallpaper design like this is perfect for a nursery.
Pink Tones Rainbow Mural for Nursery
Rainbows are always a good idea for wall art in the nursery. Getting a peel-and-strick rainbow mural is a great option to get a big rainbow for the walls in your little one’s bedroom. This large wall sticker will age well with your baby girl and I think she'll like it even when she's a big kid!
Nursery Wallpaper Considerations
Wallpaper is a great way to add more character or color to a baby’s room or kid’s room. But choosing the wallpaper can certainly be overwhelming.
When it comes time to choose the wallpaper for your nursery, here are a few things to keep in mind:
- Think about your nursery’s color scheme: What comes first – the color scheme or the wallpaper design? Well, it is up to you! You may have existing furniture or paint colors that you’re keeping in the room, in that case, you’ll want to choose a wallpaper design with colors that complement.
- Determine the amount of light the room gets: If the nursery gets a lot of natural light, you may want to choose a lighter wallpaper, while a room with less light can handle a darker or bolder pattern. Keep in mind that you’ll definitely want to invest in some blackout curtains no matter what so you can make it dark so your little one can have sweet dreams during nap time.
- Consider the nursery’s size: Large and busy wallpaper patterns can overwhelm small rooms, while a small pattern may get lost in a large room. If having wallpaper on all 4 walls is too much for you, you can do a statement wall or just install it on the top half or bottom half of the walls. There are so many fun wallpaper murals that are great for putting in a child’s room!
- Consider the wall’s texture: If your walls have a lot of texture, you’ll need to make a plan for how to smooth it out before installing wallpaper. Some wallpapers will work better than others on walls with a bit of texture, so be sure to read the instructions on the wallpaper you choose to know whether you need to completely smooth the walls first or not.
- Don’t forget about longevity and removal: Consider choosing a wallpaper that can grow with your child as they get older. I’d recommend avoiding designs that are too baby specific, like a pattern with little elephants. Instead, choose a wallpaper that is more classic and timeless. Keep in mind that some types of wallpaper can be difficult to remove, so choose a design that you can live with for a while and will grow with your kids as they get older and their tastes change.
- Take your time: Picking wallpaper is like picking paint. It takes a while to get exactly what you’re looking for. It isn’t something that I would recommend rushing.
- Order samples: Dreaming over wallpaper for your nursery design is fun online, but when it comes time to start making decisions and finalizing color palettes, you definitely need to order samples of your wallpaper. You’ll be able to tell so much more by actually holding the wallpaper in your hands. You can touch and feel it to make sure it is good quality. You’ll also be able to have a better idea of the true colors and how they look in your space with the lighting.
- Check the production time: Some wallpapers will be ready to ship in as little as 2-3 business days, but others may take a couple of months…which can really put a damper on things when you’re working with a timeline like having a baby! Before you get your heart set on a certain wallpaper for your nursery, make sure it fits your timing.
Are you sold on adding wallpaper to your children’s room? Which of these nursery wallpaper ideas was your favorite?
Want more wallpaper inspiration?
- Where To Buy Wallpaper Online
- 6 Fun and Unique Uses of Wallpaper in Your Home
- Stylish Wallpaper Accent Wall Ideas For Your Bedroom
- Floral Wallpaper Ideas for a Nursery or Little Girl’s Bedroom
- 16+ Gorgeous Nursery Wallpaper Ideas To Steal
- Creative Closet Wallpaper Ideas
- Pretty Laundry Room Wallpaper Ideas
- Entryway Wallpaper Ideas For A Welcoming Feeling
- 15 Ceiling Wallpaper Ideas To Steal For Your Next Room Makeover